The Curriculum – Areas of Learning
Mount Carmel follows the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
The Foundation Stage Curriculum is based around 7 areas of learning.
There are 3 Prime Areas
- Communication and Language
- Personal, Social & Emotional Development
- Physical Development
There are 4 Specific Areas:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive Arts & Design
As stated in the Early Years Foundation Stage Guidance, we believe in the following principles:
- Every child is a unique child, who is currently learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to the individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers; and
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. The framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.
For more detailed information, please download the Parents' Guide to the EYFS Framework.
What we are learning now.
What we have learnt already
What we will be learning.